Friday, December 7, 2007

Anyone Can Cook This!

I've posted this recipe before, so I apologize. I just wanted to throw my wonderful, gourmet, oft-requested recipe in the ring for BooMama's Souptacular.

Seriously, this recipe is one of my most requested. (YES, people have requested my recipes, which never fails to amuse me.) Why? Because you can keep the ingredients in your pantry for those nights when you have absolutely no time to cook anything. You can make it without meat, so there is no thinking ahead or "Shoot! I forgot to get the meat out of the freezer this morning!" regret. This one was a really big hit among my co-workers when I worked full-time. I have literally had people call my house around 5:00pm asking about "my soup" because they had no time to do anything else for supper and remembered that I had this little winner up my sleeve.

Enough talking--thanks to my Aunt Lou for this recipe, although she did not write it.


Soup for a Group (otherwise known as 1-2-3 Soup)

3 cans your favorite brand Minestrone soup (I use Campbell's Select)
2 cans tomatoes (I use 1 can plain diced tomatoes and 1 can of Ro-Tel Milder because I HATE those big blobs of stewed tomatoes in my soup)
1 can Ranch Style Beans

Heat and serve. I am not kidding. Did I tell you it's easy? It tastes SO good, too. You can brown 1 pound of meat and toss it in too if you are way ahead of yourself that day.

Now head over to BooMama's place and get real recipes for real soup from real cooks. But keep this one up your sleeve just in case you need it!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful- thanks!!
    I can always use a quick and easy one.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the lookout for a quick, simple meal, and this one looks great! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! I needed a quick soup for a party tonight and it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)