Monday, December 17, 2007

Looking Back One Year

I know it isn't even Christmas yet, and here I am already looking forward to the new year. But, before we look forward...I couldn't help but marvel at how our lives have changed this last year.

Last Christmas was our first Christmas at this house. We had moved three doors down from my parents in September and the girls were newly 7 and 3 years old. S was working at the same job he had had since Sweetheart was very young. I was working part-time as our church secretary. While I was at work, Little Bit went to day care at our church and Sweetheart was in our private school's first grade. S was also working as our church's "part-time" youth minister. And I had never read a blog. :)

Earlier I had read a book on homeschooling that completely changed my mind about the topic. I was a reformed thinker! In 2007 the Lord dropped a new job in S's lap that allowed me to quit work. He began his new job in May and I quit on June 15. Wow! Have I really been home with the girls for 6 months???!!! Needless to say, this opened the door for us to become a family who educates our children at home. What. A. Switch.

Due in part to some needs within our family (not ready to talk about that one just yet), S quit serving as youth minister this last fall. The extra time our family has had together has been great, although his new job does keep him busy.

So let's see...changes of jobs, changes of houses, changes of education, and changes of caregivers. And LOTS of changes in my heart. Lots.

I'd say it's been a really neat year. As promised, God has directed our paths. I could have never imagined a year ago where and how we would be now. I'll point to this verse in Ephesians 3:20-21...

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (italics mine!)

5 comments:

  1. Amen! Isn't God good to give us what we never knew we needed until He was ready for us to have it? ;-)

    Love,
    Becca
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/BeccaBeard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was all change for the better. God Bless you, Brenda. Hope you guys are enjoying the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're back on, and do like your new look. Looking back on how God has directed builds faith for how He will continue to direct. Pressing on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this post! It is so neat to see what the Lord has done! :) And, I love your new look, too! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)